Here are a few signs that you may need to see an Optometrist for an eye exam:
- Frequent Headaches: One of the most common symptoms of someone in need of an eye exam is unexplained headaches. Our eyes have muscles that work hard all day keeping things in focus for us and if they are overworked or stressed they can lead to headaches. This usually occurs when on the computer or focusing at length on a book or paperwork. Other causes of headaches may be unrelated to the eyes such as brain injuries or tumours, which can be detected from a thorough eye exam .
- Pain In Eyes: There are many causes of eye pain, most commonly due to lack of prescription glasses when reading, dry eyes, high eye pressure, or infection. It is necessary to visit an Optometrist to rule out the possibilities and to adequately treat the problem to help resolve the issue.
- Trouble when Focusing: If you are having trouble focusing on road signs when driving, cant see the writing on the television or having to hold things further back when reading, it may be a good idea to have your eye prescription checked and be fitted for glasses or contact lenses.
- Infection : Eye infections can be very unpleasant and lead to discomfort and time missed from work. If you are experiencing mucousy discharge, redness, light sensitivity or pain from the eyes, you may have an infection and need to have it treated by an Optometrist immediately.
- Light Sensitivity: Sensitivity to sunlight or fluorescent lighting can be a frustrating issue for most people and can affect one’s lifestyle. If you are experiencing light sensitivity please mention it to an eye care professional for a complete ocular work up to rule out any eye diseases and help solve the problem.
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these issues please contact us at Westway Eyecare and book an appointment today!